Glenville: RED CROSS EMERGENCY NEED FOR DONORS - 07.06.12 - Friday
FRIDAY JULY 06, 2012
GLENVILLE BAPTIST CHURCH
12:30 PM - 6:30 PM
FRIDAY JULY 13, 2012
Upper West Fork PARK Building
WV Hwy 16
Your extra efforts are needed!
The American Red Cross has an emergency need for blood donors of all blood types. In June, donations are down more than 10% across the country, with 50,000 fewer pints of blood than expected.
With donations anticipated to drop further with the upcoming Independence Day holiday, the need for blood donors is paramount.
Your support of the Red Cross is greatly appreciated. If you need help ensuring your upcoming drive meets goal, please contact me at 304.281.9498 Ellen Robinson “Ellen.Robinson2@redcross.org”
.. Here are some key messages you can use to recruit donors:
• Your local Red Cross has an emergency need for all blood types.
• In June, 50,000 fewer pints of blood were donated than expected.
• A top reason cited by people about why they don’t give blood is because they weren’t asked. Consider yourself asked! Give before you go on your Independence Day holiday.
• Blood and platelets are needed for all types of patients, including accident and burn victims, heart surgery patients, organ transplant patients, premature babies – when there are complications during childbirth
– and for patients receiving treatment for leukemia, cancer or sickle cell disease.