G-OB™: Gilmer County Schools Employment – Cook II Half-Time, SFES- 04.19.12
POSITION: Cook II Half-time – Sand Fork Elementary 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM daily
FOR THE POSITION OF COOK II
REPORTS TO: Building Principal and Cook III or Cafeteria Manager
JOB GOAL: To provide a nutritious meal that meets all state and federal standards.
1. Prepares and serves meals which meet the state nutritional standards from a planned menu.
2. Provides support to the school and cares for the welfare of the children.
3. Assists the principal and teachers in establishing good public relations.
4. Be acquainted with the policies of the school and with duties assigned. See that stock room, kitchen area, and all equipment is clean.
5. Be responsive to the suggestions of the principal and Director of Child Nutrition.
6. Observes working hours and operating policies established by the principal and the county school lunch supervisor.
7. Strives to work carefully and efficiently, observing all nutritional requirements and sanitary standards in the preparation and service of school lunches/breakfasts.
8. Prepares and updates records and reports for inspection by authorized personnel.
9. Attends county food service continuing education and in-service programs.
10. Holds a valid food handlers’ card and meets all requirements of the state and local departments of health.
11. Utilizes all food stocked to the fullest extent possible.
12. Be physically fit to perform all duties related to the position. The employee understands that he/she must be physically able to lift large kettles and/or serving pans containing food stuffs and carry them, if necessary, to serving tables or sink and be able to perform certain other duties involved in the work area of the kitchen that involve reaching, bending and pushing.
13. Be neatly dressed in a washable dress or slacks, preferably a uniform. Wear a hairnet while performing the duties of school lunch cook, as well as substantial footwear.
14. Fulfills the required 200 day working term and accounts for inservice days.
15. Maintains positive work habits.
16. Performs duties efficiently and productively.
17. Maintains and/or upgrades skills.
18. Performs other tasks required in the preparation and serving of food and in the general operation of the food service program.
REPORTS TO: Cook III, SFES, Principal, SFES
• Interpret Menus
• Prepare and Serve Meals
• Help with reports and inventory
• Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
EMPLOYMENT TERM: 2012 – 2013 School Year - 200 Half Days
• High School Diploma or GED
• Must pass the state mandated test for Cooks
• Possess the knowledge, skills and ability to successfully carry out the responsibilities of the position
SALARY: Based on Gilmer County Salary Scale, commensurate with job classification and years of service
APPLICATION SHOULD BE SENT TO:
Ronald Blankenship, Superintendent
Gilmer County Board of Education
201 North Court St.
Glenville, WV 26351
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, April 26, 2012 – 3:00 PM
As required by federal law and regulations, the Gilmer County Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age and national origin in employment and in the administration of any of its education programs or activities. Inquiries may be referred to Title IX Coordinator, Gilmer County Board of Education, 201 North Court Street, Glenville, WV 26351, phone 304.462.7386; to the Elimination of sex Discrimination Program Coordinator 304.558.7864; or the US Department of Education’s Director of the Office of Civil Rights 215.596.6795.