Flashback: What Happened on July 06, ....
• 1792 On July 6, Bishop Francis Asbury preached in Morgantown, Monongalia County.
• 1863 Union troops attacked retreating Confederate troops at Falling Waters, Berkeley County, following the Battle of Gettysburg, PA.
• 1892 At Weston, Lewis County, white residents lynched African-American Edgar Jones, who had been accused of murder.
• 1979 Volkswagen announced plans to increase production at is stamping plant in South Charleston.
• 1992 The Charleston City Council approved the relocation of the Job Corps Center to Blackhawk Hollow just outside of Charleston, Kanawha County, despite the protests of local residents.