Flashback: What Happened on April 29, ....
• 1850 Certain areas of present-day West Virginia experienced tremors from an earthquake.
• 1863 Confederate General John D. Imboden and about 3,400 troops captured Buckhannon, Upshur County.
• 1935 The state of West Virginia purchased 37+ acres at Hawks Nest, Fayette County, for development of Hawks Nest State Park.
• 1952 In 1952 construction was begun on the West Virginia Turnpike between Charleston and Princeton.
• 1983 Ground was broken for the new Kanawha Banking & Trust (KB&T) bank building in Charleston.
• 1992 The federal trial of Logan County Circuit Court Judge Ned Grubb and his wife Linda Grubb began in Charleston. Grubb was the first judge in West Virginia history to be tried for a crime.