Gilmer Free Press
G-OB™: Gilmer County Schools Employment – Bus Operator - 04.19.12
POSITION: Bus Operator (6:00 AM to 9:00 AM / 2:30 PM to 6:00 PM.)* Cedarville area, Leatherbark, Little Bull Run, Spruce, Cedar Creek area and Route 33 W to Normantown Elementary. Includes student transportation from designated pick-up/drop-off stops to and from school.
*Times are approximate and may change depending on weather conditions and other factors beyond the control of the Board. Routes are subject to reasonable changes based on the needs of students in the route area.
JOB DESCRIPTION: FOR THE POSITION OF BUS OPERATOR
REPORTS TO: Transportation Director
JOB GOAL: To safely transport students to and from school
1. Becomes thoroughly familiar with the contents of the West Virginia Transportation Regulations for school bus operators.
2. Posts in the bus a copy of the Regulations for Pupils Transported in School Buses and a copy of the bus schedule.
3. Performs pre-trip inspections daily.
4. Prepares and keeps a list of students riding the bus.
5. Discharges students only at designated stops unless permission is granted by the principal or a note of permission from the parent or guardian.
6. Allows students who are not assigned to his/her bus to board only if permission has been granted by the principal or by a note of request from the parent or guardian.
7. Runs on a regular schedule and reports to the principal or supervisor any reasons for delay.
8. Maintains professional appearance and wears uniform.
9. Leaves school only after checking that all children are loaded.
10. Cleans thoroughly inside and outside of bus as directed by the transportation supervisor.
11. Does not allow students to extend any part of their body out of the bus windows.
12. Practices emergency unloading procedures at least twice per year.
13. Does not leave bus with motor running. Has brake set any time when leaving the bus.
14. Makes sure all emergency equipment, such as first aid kits, fire extinguishers, chains, flares, axe, etc are on bus and in good condition.
15. Completes all required reports on date requested.
16. Follows the Gilmer County Discipline Policy.
17. Must be available for emergency school closings.
18. Reports any accident or damage to bus immediately to the transportation director.
19. Reports needed repairs to mechanic.
20. Follows railroad crossing procedures.
21. Maintains positive work habits.
22. Performs duties efficiently and productively.
23. Maintains and/or upgrades skills.
24. Performs other duties assigned by the transportation director.
25. Bus will remain parked at assigned location during and after school hours.
EMPLOYMENT TERM: 2012 –2013 School Year – 200 Days
• High School Graduate or GED
• Hold certification as a bus operator as required by WV
• Possess the knowledge, skills and ability to successfully carry out the responsibilities of the position
SALARY: Based on Gilmer County Salary Scale, commensurate with job classification and years of service
APPLICATION SHOULD BE SENT TO:
Ronald Blankenship, Superintendent
Gilmer County Board of Education
201 North Court St.
Glenville, WV 26351
MUST BE RECEIVED BY: Thursday, April 26, 2012 – 3:00 PM
As required by federal law and regulations, the Gilmer County Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age and national origin in employment and in the administration of any of its education programs or activities. Inquiries may be referred to Title IX Coordinator, Gilmer County Board of Education, 201 North Court Street, Glenville, WV 26351, phone 304.462.7386; to the Elimination of Sex Discrimination Program Coordinator 304.558.7864; or the US Department of Education’s Director of the Office of Civil Rights 215.596.6795.