Gilmer Free Press
4-H Camps 2011: Your Help Is Needed
• Full-sized tubes of toothpaste
• Full-sized bottles of shampoo
• New washcloths
• New towels
• Bars of soap or bottles of shower gel
• Feminine hygiene products
• Plastic travel holders for toothbrushes and soap
• Fleece blankets
• New pillow with pillowcase
• New twin or full size flat sheets (Fitted sheets may or may not work on camp beds. Flat sheets can be used for both top and bottom sheets.)
• New or gently-used totes, cloth bags, or backpacks to put the items in
• Bug spray
• Flip flops in various sizes (for bathroom and pool)
Why full-sized items?
Even though camp is only one week long, these children have a need for these items outside of camp. Often the travel size bottles can be just as pricey as a full-sized option in a generic brand.
Monetary donations are also accepted.
Please make checks to the ‘Gilmer County 4-H Leaders’
with ‘Camp Kits’ in the memo.
*GSC Department of Social Science Lobby
*WVU-Extension Service, Gilmer County (Courthouse Annex)
*Gilmer County Health Department
*Gilmer County Recreation Center Office (“the White House”)
Camp kits will be distributed to Gilmer and Calhoun County 4-H campers at the
2011 4-H Camps in June.
For more information, please contact Marissa Fox, 304.266.7029 or the WVU Extension Service- Gilmer County 304.462.7061