Flashback: What Happened on August 02, ....
• 1877 The national railroad strike which began in Baltimore and Martinsburg, Berkeley County, ended.
• 1897 Eighty coal miners of the Howard Coal and Coke Company in Harrison County went on a sympathy strike in support of striking miners in Ohio and Pennsylvania. They returned to work on August 12.
• 1904 The State Democratic Convention met in Parkersburg.
• 1915 The Valley Bank of Ripley, Jackson County, closed and reopened on August 3, as the First National Bank.
• 1992 Inmates at the Huttonsville Correctional Center in Huttonsville, Randolph County, began a sit-down strike to protest medical treatment at the facility following the death of a fellow inmate. The strike lasted until August 07.